8.01.2010

Aix-en-Provence, Ansouis

Aix

Aix
Aix


Aix
Aix




Aix

We had heard a lot about Aix-en Provence.  It seems that every American that visits Provence ends up here and it is their favorite.  This is a beautiful, cosmopolitan city but I think we prefer the smaller towns. Raf says the big piazzas remind him of italy.  
We dined on couscous and tagine and it was delicious.(I keep forgetting to take pictures of the food, sorry Meenaa, I even had my camera out on the table, but by the time the food arrives, we are so excited by what is on the plate that we , and I say we, because I asked Raf to remind me to take pics, we both forget)   
Ansouis
We spent the next  day in Lourmarin where we are staying just chillin, it was amazing, and we realized that we could really get used to this kind of life.  Well, we really didn’t just do nothing.  We did laundry, there is no dryer so we had to hang all the clothes outside, read a lot and visited a nearby town called Ansouis for a few hours. We saw this little guy reading Star Wars under a tree, not an electronic device in sight.  Had to take a pic so everyone would believe it. 
At night,  Raf cooked his special salmon, we drank rose and I called everyone from home on skype. A word on rose, it’s REALLY good. I have never liked any I’ve tried at home but everyone in the cafe’s was drinking it here so we decided to try it.  Yum.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amazing photos! Looks like you are having a spectacular time! Enjoy every minue, and keep posting :)!