7.31.2010

The Perfect Day


Today after visiting the town of Aix en Provence,  we reconnected with family friends who were former students as well, from Miami, who spend every summer about 5 minutes from the city at their family estate.  Apparently, this home has been in their family for generations and it is idyllic.  Exactly what I envision when I think of moving here...tree lined drive leading to the house, a pool in front that more resembles a beautiful rectangular fountain next to a colorful pigeonniere, lots of room for the everyone, a personal chapel, a game room equipped with foosball and a karaoke machine for the kids like Raf, enough land to grow, among other things grapes, a museum which includes one of Marie Antoinette's dresses, an outdoor kitchen and 2 large tables outside, under very old trees, to sit and enjoy the local rose and whatever fresh items were purchased at the market that day.  Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the way, tha's all I drink when it comes to Roses....I only drink French 'cause it's so damn good...scuse the french. I buy really excellent ones from Total Wine.
Thank you for the gorgeous photos and FOOD and market photos *and all the other photos, but of course...you make me salivate. The museum looks cool as heck...I gotta go to these places..
Keep 'em coming...xoxo suz